Cllr Danny Keeling
- Councillor for Stratford Olympic Park (2022 - Present)
- Leader of the Opposition and Green Group (2022 - Present)
- Green Party Regional Council Representative for London (2021 - 2022)
- Co-chair Newham Green Party (2021 - 2022)
- Chair of Newham Green Party (2019 - 2021)
- 2019 - Parliamentary Candidate for West Ham (2019)
- Chair of the Senate for Young Greens (2018 -2019)
Danny (they/them) is the first non-binary councillor elected to Newham Council. They broke the 16 years of 100% Labour rule in 2022 becoming the Leader of the Opposition, elected in Stratford Olympic Park.
Before this, they ran the Newham Green Party team for 4 years and has been the last ever Chair of the Young Greens Senate.
Their priorities are stopping cuts and increasing benefits for those in need as Danny even in the election had to use the food bank.
Danny also focuses on mental and sexual health and ensuring it is more accessible for people.
Danny ensures charity work is important too helping LGBTQIA+ arts charities and also being given the award of Donor of the Year at the Houses of Parliament for the stem cell charity tackling cancer and leukemia Anthony Nola.
Lastly and most importantly Danny believes an equal economy is one that focuses on balance to ensure everyone has the same opportunities, no one is left behind, everyone has equalities and the less well-off aren’t forgotten.
All of this must have direct action so that the planet is not destroyed as it currently is and the climate emergency is tackled and reversed or people already hit the worst will be hit harder.